Our CMP Energy team is committed to ensuring the safety of our customers. If you ever have a concern, please call us immediately at 814.342.3620.
If you smell gas…
- If there are no flames or sparks, immediately extinguish all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not operate lights, appliances, or phones of any kind. Flames or sparks from these sources can trigger a fire or explosion.
- Immediately leave the area! Everyone should leave the building or area where you suspect gas is leaking.
- Turn off the gas. If it’s safe to do so, shut off the main gas supply on your propane tank by turning the valve to the right (clockwise) as far as it will turn.
- Report the leak. Away from the gas leak – at a neighbor’s home or other nearby building – call our propane supplier immediately. Call 911 or your local fire department if you can’t reach your propane supplier.
- Return to the building or area only after a CMP service technician determines that it is safe to do so.
- Have your system checked by a trained professional. Before attempting to use any of your appliances powered by propane, have a qualified CMP service technician check your system for leaks. It should be leak-free.
For more details about propane, download our Safety Data Sheet.