Effective Date: January 10, 2020
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS, AND THAT YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH AND BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE TERMS.
If you are accepting or agreeing to the Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to act on behalf of and bind that entity to the Terms.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE.
- ABOUT THE TERMS
- ABOUT THE WEBSITE
- USER CONDUCT GUIDELINES
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
- THIRD PARTY TERMS
- WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION
1. ABOUT THE TERMS
1.1 Key Terms
- “Users” means any and all persons that access or use the Website. References to “access” and/or “use” of the Website (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Website.
- “Website” refers to any website owned or operated by Energy Distribution Partners (EDPO, LLC) (including the website currently located at www.cmpenergy.com), including any and all features, functionality, tools and content available on or through each such website.
- “CMP Energy,” “we,” or “us” refer to EDPO, LLC d/b/a CMP Energy and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents. To the extent applicable, they also refer to our affiliates, service providers and licensors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS CONDITIONED ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE TERMS.
1.3 Amendment of Terms. CMP Energy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend the Terms, at any time and without prior notice, including to change, modify, add to, update or remove terms and conditions (collectively “amend” or “update”). If we choose to amend the Terms, we will update the Effective Date at the top of the Terms and post the updated version. We may also, at our option, choose to notify you by e-mail or another means. By continuing to use the Website after we have posted an updated version of the Terms or otherwise notified you of an update, you are affirming that you agree to be bound by the amended Terms. If the amended Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to stop using the Website.
No other modification, amendment, supplement of or to the Terms will be binding on CMP Energy unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of CMP Energy.
2. ABOUT THE WEBSITE
2.1 License to Use. Subject to your compliance with the Terms, CMP Energy grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Website. This license is granted for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Website as provided by CMP Energy, in the manner permitted by the Terms.
2.2 Modifications and Updates to the Website. CMP Energy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or discontinue offering the Website, in whole or in part, or any features, functionality, tools or content thereof, at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you, and will not be liable with respect to any such modifications, discontinuance or deletions.
2.3 International Users. The Website is controlled and operated within the United States and is not intended for use outside of the United States. You are hereby prohibited from accessing or using the Website from any territory where the Website or any of the features, functionality, tools, content thereof, is illegal. If you choose to access the Website from a location outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and you are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, including export laws and any regulations and local laws regarding online conduct and content.
3. USER CONDUCT GUIDELINES
Any time you access or use the Website, you are required to comply with our User conduct guidelines, as set forth below.
You are not authorized to access or use the Website:
- to impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent your identity, credentials, affiliations or intentions
- to collect, store or use any information from or about another User;
- to “stalk” or harass any other User
- to distribute unsolicited commercial or bulk electronic communications (or, “spam”), chain letters or “pyramid” schemes;
- for political campaigning, recruiting votes or soliciting donations or other support for legislative or other initiatives;
- to systematically retrieve information or content to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise;
- if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18);
- if you are a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction; or
- for any other purposes that are not expressly permitted by the Terms.
Further, you may not:
- access, copy, distribute, share, publish, use or store any Website content, purposes that violate the privacy rights or any other rights of other Users or any other third party, including by disclosing, selling, renting, distributing or exposing any Website content to a third party, using it for marketing purposes, or otherwise using it for any purposes unrelated to the Website;
- access, copy, distribute, share, publish, use or store, or prepare derivative works from any Website content that belongs to CMP Energy, another User or to a third party, including works covered by any copyrights, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right, except with prior express permission of the person or entity party holding the rights to license such use;
- access, search, collect information from, or otherwise interact with the Website by “scraping,” “crawling” or “spidering” the Website, by the use of any software, device, script or robot, or by any other means (automated or otherwise) other than through the currently available, published interfaces that are provided by CMP Energy, unless you have been specifically authorized to do so in a separate agreement with CMP Energy;
- use, display, mirror or frame the Website, or any feature, functionality, tool or content of the Website, CMP Energy’s name, any CMP Energy trademark, logo or other proprietary information, without CMP Energy’s express written consent;
- interfere with, disrupt, damage or compromise the Website or our systems or the access of any User, host or network in any way, including through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology or by overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Website or otherwise imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website;
- access, tamper with or use non-public areas of any of the Website, CMP Energy’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of CMP Energy’s providers;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network of CMP Energy or its providers, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures of such system or network;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by CMP Energy or any of CMP Energy’s providers or any other third party to protect the Website;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting, or in any way use the Website to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the code or software used to provide the Website;
- export or re-export the Website, except in compliance with the export control laws and regulations of any relevant jurisdictions;
- otherwise abuse the Website or breach the Terms; or
- attempt to do any of the foregoing, or advocate, encourage or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
CMP Energy reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website in the event you fail to comply with the Terms
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
4.1 The Website. The Website and all features, functionality, tools and content thereof, is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You acknowledge and agree that the Website, and all intellectual property rights therein are the exclusive property of CMP Energy and its licensors. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent marking, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that the trade names, logos, and other trademarks and service marks associated with CMP Energy (the “CMP Energy Marks“) are the property of CMP Energy, and that you are not permitted to use the CMP Energy Marks without our prior written consent.
You may not use, copy, reproduce, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publish, post, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, or otherwise exploit any features, functionality, tools or content of the Website in any form or by any means, or sublicense the rights granted in the Terms, except as expressly permitted herein, without the prior written permission of CMP Energy or the intellectual property owner, as applicable.
This foregoing license is subject to modification or revocation at any time at CMP Energy’s sole discretion.
No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by CMP Energy or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in the Terms. All rights not expressly granted to you by the Terms are hereby reserved.
4.2 Feedback. We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments, ideas and suggestions for improvements, enhancements and modifications to the Website (“Feedback“). You may submit Feedback by e-mailing us, at CustomerService@edplp.net You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback you give us (a) will be treated as non-confidential, and (b) will be the sole and exclusive property of CMP Energy. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge that your Feedback may be disseminated or used by CMP Energy or its affiliates for any purpose whatsoever, including developing, improving and marketing products. You hereby irrevocably transfer and assign to CMP Energy all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including all worldwide patent, copyright, trade secret, moral and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein, and waive any moral rights you may have in such Feedback.
You agree to sign and deliver such documents, and otherwise provide such assistance, as may reasonably be required from time to time to perfect CMP Energy’s rights in such improvements, enhancements and modifications.
5. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Website may also provide links to third-party websites, resources or services. You acknowledge and agree that CMP Energy is not responsible or liable for (i) the availability, terms or practices of such websites, resources or services, or (ii) the content, products or services available on or through such websites, resources or services, including that any information provided is complete, accurate or up-to-date. Links to such websites, resources or services do not imply any endorsement by CMP Energy of such websites, resources or services or the content, products or services available on or through such websites, resources or services. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites, resources or services or the content, products or services available on or through such websites or services.
We will not be responsible or liable for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with such websites or services, or the content, products or services available on or through such websites or services.
6. WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION
6.1 Warranties by Users. You represent and warrant to CMP Energy that:
- you have the power and authority to accept and agree to the Terms;
- you own or control all of the rights necessary to grant the rights and licenses granted herein;
- you will not violate any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations or infringe the rights of any third party, including, any intellectual property, privacy or publicity-related rights, in connection with your access to or use of the Website; and
- the exercise by CMP Energy of the rights granted by you hereunder will not cause CMP Energy to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, to infringe the rights of any third party.
6.2 Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CMP ENERGY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR TITLE OR RIGHTFUL CLAIM, WARRANTIES AS TO THE RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE, OR THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, WARRANTIES AS TO THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR TIMELINESS OF ANY WEBSITE CONTENT.
6.3 Limitation of Liability. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AND REMAINS WITH YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL CMP ENERGY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CMP ENERGY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSIVE OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES AS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, SO THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. IN THE EVENT THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, CMP ENERGY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (US$100).
6.4 Indemnification. To the maximum extent not prohibited by applicable law, you agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold CMP Energy its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and representatives, harmless (collectively “indemnify” or any variation thereof) from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including, any bodily injury, illness, death or damage to any real or personal property, or any other injuries, losses, or damages (whether compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind, and including reasonable legal fees and litigation expenses and costs, arising out of or relating to or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Website, including any and all features, functionality, tools, content and promotions available on and through the Website, (ii) your breach of the Terms, including any violation of national, federal, state or local or other applicable laws, rules or regulations or any infringement or misappropriation of the rights of any third party, and (iii) your gross negligence or willful misconduct.
6.5 Obligation to Defend. You agree that, at CMP Energy’s option, you will conduct the defense of any such claim or action; provided that, notwithstanding our election that you conduct the defense, (i) CMP Energy may nevertheless participate in such defense or settlement negotiations and pay its own costs associated therewith, and (ii) you will not enter into any settlement or other compromise without the prior written approval of CMP Energy (which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld), unless such settlement or other compromise includes a full and unconditional release of the relevant parties from all liabilities and other obligations in respect of such claim or action.
6.6 No Implied Indemnity. No person or entity shall be entitled to any form of equitable or implied indemnification at any time, except as provided by the Terms.
The Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to conflict of law principles. You and CMP Energy agree that any and all disputes, claims and actions, at law or in equity, arising out of or relating to or in connection with the Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, or to the use of the Website (collectively, “Disputes“) in the federal or state courts located in the State of Illinois and each of us agrees that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any such actions, except that CMP Energy retains the right to submit a Dispute to any court of competent jurisdiction. CMP Energy also may seek injunctive or other equitable relief for breach of these Terms in any court of competent jurisdiction wherever located. You consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. The prevailing party in any suit, action or proceeding, including any arbitration proceeding, will be entitled to recover its reasonable legal fees and costs and expenses from the other party.
Except as expressly set forth in the Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under the Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies available under contract, at law, in equity or otherwise.
8.3 Assignment. You may not assign, transfer, delegate or sublicense any of your rights or obligations under the Terms without our express prior written consent, which may be granted or withheld in our sole discretion. Any attempted assignment, transfer, delegation or sublicense without the foregoing consent will be null and void. CMP Energy may assign, transfer, delegate and/or sublicense our rights and obligations under the Terms, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, the Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and assigns.
8.4 No Agency. Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by the Terms.
8.6 Notices; Contact Us. Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to the Terms, will be in writing and given by CMP Energy (i) via e-mail (in each case to the address that you provide), or (ii) by posting to the Website. For notices made by e-mail, the date on which such notice is transmitted will be deemed the date of receipt.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CMP Energy at CustomerService@edplp.net.
You can also write to us at:EDPO, LLC d/b/a CMP Energy
10 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
8.7 California Residents. Pursuant to California Civil Code §1789.3, California residents are also entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice:
Complaints regarding the Website or requests to receive further information regarding use of the Website may be sent to the above address or to CustomerService@edplp.net.
The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Boulevard, Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 445-1245 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired persons may call TDD (800)-326-2297 or TDD (916)-928-1227, see www.dca.ca.gov for additional information.
Copyright ©2020 EDPO, LLC d/b/a Energy Distribution Partners. All rights reserved.