Celebrating 60 Years of Dependable Service: CMP Then and Now

CMP Energy began as Robert R. Mitchell Oil Company in 1954. Bob worked for United Refinery in Brookeville in 1953 as a driver and they assigned him to the Philipsburg area. He saw an opportunity in the market and purchased the Philipsburg Division in 1954. At that time the company primarily serviced the coal industry. Over time the company branched out into other energy services including HVAC service and installation, propane, fleet fueling, bulk oil and lubricants, generators, fireplaces, and convenience stores. After several mergers and acquisitions the company evolved into CMP Energy Solutions.

CMP is locally operated, and is led by General Manager Lori Murawski, following the Mitchell family’s three generations of leadership. The company’s strong sense of community involvement continues, and CMP believes in supporting the youth in our community. CMP has been a longtime supporter of Little League baseball, the Moshannon Valley YMCA and the Camp Mountain Run Boy Scout camp. More than 60 years of fast, friendly, dependable service demonstrates the company’s commitment to the area.